Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kogi Korean BBQ

Most go to bars to get snockered.. we go to get kogi-faced. LA's newest hype: Kogi Korean BBQ. Originally serving their Korean goodness from a truck... they have expanded to serving at Alibi Lounge. Prepare to throw some bows to get bar space and to create enough room to do the proper taco eating edicate....bend the elbows, hunch the back, stick out the head and tilt the mouth. (our experience has proven that "the tilt" provides more taco in the trap and collects all the spicy Korean yumminess without reapplying the lip gloss... c'mon now, we're still trying to act feminine)














Their website has been added to our links. They have their list of taco topping ingredients and best of all, their truck stop locations. Best believe we have our running shoes n' inhalers ready to go.














Koji is a must. Leaving the bar sober and smelling like a mixture of short ribs n' korean spice never felt so good.

3 comments:

  1. Newbie to your site...cool blog! I've still never tried Kogi tacos even though I've lived in L.A. all my life - must try!

    Are we separated soul foodies or something!!? I was searching food blogs and yours caught my attention, because I've been to most of the places you've posted about..agree with your reviews. :)

    The BF lives in Burlingame (Stacks, Broadway Prime etc.) but I live down here, so we get to try the best of both areas. PLUS, I went to UCI so I've had Maki Maki a few times before..

    And if that wasn't coincidental enough, just cake back from Vegas 2 weeks ago and had Grand Luxe!

    Keep the awesome posts coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Bottega Louie in Downtown LA? Portabello mushroom fries are delish!..and it's super close to my office :) http://bottegalouie.com/

    ReplyDelete